Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

* 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> [2009 Jun 24 06:39 -0500]:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Nate Bargmann<n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> I can tell you now, I really do not like gcc, for it supports so many
> useless languages, I surely will write my own compiler.

Have you also reinvented the wheel?  Did you build the streets you walk
on?  Did you build your own computer from pure silicon, oil, and ore?
Did you build your own Internet to reach the Debian mail servers?  You
are not a purist unless you have done these things.  Any reliance on
others for your computing experience compromises your integrity.
Surely you must know that you are on a maddening and never end quest of
purity.

To get an idea of where such a misguided quest might lead, might I
suggest that you read Robert Pirsig's 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values'.  A Web search will find it
online.

OTOH, your folly only appears to be surpassed by your bravado.

> What a pity you are!

I suppose that is a matter of perspective.

- Nate >>