Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Micha Feigin<michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:39:53 +0800
> 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Boy, I didn't realize that by "junior programmer" you meant you were that
>> > inexperienced in the field.  I don't know if you realize that you've just
>> > basically said you are either unwilling or unable to understand the
>> > different reasons for different languages.
>> >
>> > EACH language is a tool, and each one is a DIFFERENT tool with a DIFFERENT
>> > purpose.
>> I will give an example to deny your opinion - "a DIFFERENT tool with a
>> DIFFERENT purpose"
>> Sql is a language for database operation, but what microsoft doing is
>> to use C# replacing sql, by linq. I don't like microsoft, but I like
>> the way they developing C#, the only one language for microsoft will
>> be C#, I guess.
>
> The only one language for microsoft is c#, oh wait, its visual basic, sorry
> wait a minute it's forms for the gui, assembly in the drivers in if you start
> digging you will find that half the system management is using scripts and
> batch scripts of one sort or another.
I mean .net framework, I don't know they use scripts so heavily, but I
think they are reducing the use of scripts, you even cannot find a
command line console in vista.

>> Then what's the only one language for linux? I think
>> it's C/C++.
>
> I'm afraid you are out of luck. All the init scripts are as the name sugests,
> scripts (you may get away without bash but you won't get away without sh which
> is basically simple bash). You probably should compile the kernel as
> compilation includes scripts (assuming you don't have problems with make
> files), emacs is out of the question as half of it is writen in elisp (variant
> of list). Vim may be ok, don't know.
>
> You can try dos, but the startup agian depends on batch scripts.
>
> OSx likes objectiveC more than c++, but there is also quite a bit of apple
> script and it's unix behind the scene which means perl, bash, python, etc.
>

>> > It is rarely a whim why a programmer picks one language over another.  There
>
> I found that it's usually due to a whim and a bunch of buzz words. Usually it's
> the program you know, but quite often this is due to you picking your initial
> language to match the programming you like. I also do find that a lot of
> people, esspecially windows people BTW, tend to be narrow minded and lock into
> one programming language, usually it's c++ or c#. A lot of times its' the
> managers who don't know anything about programing that choose the language.
I feel very strange that you have learnt so many languages but you do
not feel bored with them. I have no words to say, maybe we are 2
different people.