Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Nate Bargmann<n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
> * 明覺 <shi.minjue@gmail.com> [2009 Jun 22 10:00 -0500]:
>> 2009/6/22 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>:
>> > Hi,

>> > Not yet until you help us writing system commands in C/C++.
>> I would like this task if I'm able to do it :)
>
> So far you have carefully avoided the mention of shell commands, do you
> prefer Bash/sh, C shell, or Korn Shell?  BTW, you should select C shell
> for obvious reasons and be sure to purge Bash/sh from your system.  ;-)
good advice, i will do that after I removed perl and python from my system.

> BTW, programming languages are simply tools and while each has their
> best area of applicability,  This thread is as ridiculous as an
> argument over whether a hammer, pliers, or screwdriver is the more
> "pure" tool.  "When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything
> begins to look like a nail."
I do not think so, every language is a set of hammer, plier and
screwdriver in my eyes, we just need one.

> But, since you seem intent on trolling this list with "my way or the
> highway" type of thinking, I'm posting this in the hopes of not
> confusing anyone who may read this thread later than for your
> edification.
I believe readers of this thread are all advanced programmers, they
won't be confusing.