Re: is it possible to install a desktop-manager without python and perl?

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 10:59:18PM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
> 2009/6/22 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 09:17:18AM +0800, 明覺 wrote:
> >> I want to keep the programs in my system all written in c/c++, no
> >> python or perl or any other programming languages, is it possible to
> >> reach it?
> >
> > Not yet until you help us writing system commands in C/C++.
> I would like this task if I'm able to do it :)

Do not ask for help, seek answer by yourself.

Many of debian system commands related to package management was in
script language.  debootstrap is the last one ported to C
(cdebootstrap).

As I said, dpkg package has several basic commands still in perl.

You shloud read the source and write new code.  Submit it to BTS of dpkg
etc.  You need to read debian web pages to find out how we work.

One rule to remenber:

  If it takes more work for others to include what you did, things will stall.

> > update-alternatives is written in perl. It is part of dpkg.  This is as
> > fundamental as it can get to.

Read the source ! BTS !
  http://www.debian.org/
  https://nm.debian.org/

No one will hold your hand to get to there.  You have to walk by yourself.