Re: what user and password for cups

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 09:30 +0100, "thveillon.debian"
<thveillon.debian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> On 13 Jun 2009, gcrimp@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've just installed cups to manage an HP Laserjet 6P.  It web
> >> interface finds the printer everything is peachy until I select
> >> a driver and click on "Add Printer".  At that point I am
> >> prompted for a username and a password.
> >>
> > [snip]
>
> If you have a root account set it's user "root" and it's password that
> cups is asking for. If root account is not set (if you are using sudo
> only), try your user name and password.

Neither work.  I tried them both already even though I didn't
expect either to work.  root logins are disabled, and using
the user account and password will only get me root access, via
sudo, not via a cups authorization prompt :(

I guess I am going to have to figure out how to do this
via cli.

Thanks for taking a shot.
--

  whollygoat@letterboxes.org