Re: what user and password for cups

On 13 Jun 2009, gcrimp@vcn.bc.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed cups to manage an HP Laserjet 6P.  It web
> interface finds the printer everything is peachy until I select
> a driver and click on "Add Printer".  At that point I am
> prompted for a username and a password.

[snip]

Not a direct answer to your question, I'm afraid, but I have always
found cups to be a nightmare. I much prefer lprng + magicfilter, which
is trivially easy to set up and works perfectly for me both for native
and remote printing on the network.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk