Re: Program for quoting text like in email?

While it's not terribly good code, the attached perl script should do
what you want.

It will expect file names as the input, and will output to stdout; you
will need to redirect to a file if you want to save it.  So do
something like:

$ perl quoter.pl Guy_On_The_Internet.txt  >quoted-GOTI.txt

where "Guy_On_The_Internet.txt" is the text you want to quote, in a
file.  You can change the quote character and the number of columns by
editing the values at the top of the script.

I assume that input paragraphs come in blocks (i.e. a blank line
between paragraphs) and that you want to keep paragraphs together, but
don't care about how lines are wrapped.  Output will have block
paragraphs, too.

I hope I'm not helping perpetuate some facebook flame war...

best,
Jeff

p.s.
I'm stuck on a windows machine right now, so please ignore the weird
carriage returns in the script text.