Re: get hardware info through lspci

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 03:15, Michael Casey <michaelcasey73@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently read:
>
> Linux Find Out If PCI Hardware Supported or Not In The Current Running
> Kernel
>
> So, if I:
>
> grep 27d8 /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/modules.pcimap
>
> and see this:
>
> snd-hda-intel        0x00008086 0x000027d8 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0x00000000
> 0x00000000 0x0
>
> then it's sure that my PCI Hardware is supported? I Don't need anything to
> do?
> Is there a way for lsusb too?
> How could I know that my hardware (connected to my pc or not) is supported?
> - sorry for asking this: but is there a "devmgmt.msc" (windows..) "like"
> software, solution under Linux, where can I see that is my pc's hardwares
> recognized correctly?

You don't need to do all that roundabout nonsense. Just use lspci -v and look
for the device in question and look for the "Kernel driver in use"
line. Note that
a few devices, notably the video card, will not have a driver listed
even if working.

An example from my computer:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 02)
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device d701
	Memory at e0320000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel

The last line says "Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel". That means that the kernel
sees the device and that the HDA Intel driver has been loaded for it.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers