Re: how to retrieve bug reports for all installed packages ?

In <[🔎] 4A27A34F.1010707@gmail.com>, flomine wrote:
>Peter Jordan a écrit :
>> flomine, Thu Jun 04 2009 01:43:32 GMT+0200 (CEST):
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I am using SID and I ask myself if there is a script or something to
>>> list all critical bugs  from all installed packages. Maybe a script
>>> using apt-listbugs  which retrieves bug reports on all packages present
>>> in /var/cache/apt/arhives ? Or using the script  smxi?
>> try rc-alert from devscripts package
>And is it possible to list bugs only for the version of  the installed
>packages (not for the last versions) ?
>I tried rc-alert but it seems not possible to do such thing.

1. Read 'man 1 rc-alert'.  Clearly, you can include/exclude distributions.
Unless you are running a mixed or out-of-date system, that should be enough
to filter to bugs that affect your system.

2. Read 'man 1 apt-listbugs'.  Clearly, you can limit the serveries of the
bugs reported and, using either the 'apt' or 'list' command, control exactly
which packages/versions are scanned for bugs.

This *might* do what you want:
aptitude search --disable-columns -F '%p/%V' '~i' | \
	xargs /usr/sbin/apt-listbugs -s critical list

Please, the documentation wasn't made just to keep developers busy, read it
sometime.