Re: LVM how to
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: LVM how to
- From: Hendrik Boom <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 21:08:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20090519233423.GJ17411@codelibre.net>
On Wed, 20 May 2009 00:34:24 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:17:48AM +1000, gianni wrote:
>> HI lists
>> how can I resize the LVM default partition layout of debian? the root
>> is to small around 400mb... I looked around the web but it look like I
>> need to do that from a rescue cd, which one should I use?
> You don't need a rescue CD, and you can even do it while the filesystem
> is mounted!
So the warnings about unmounting the file system before expanding it in
the "LVM HOWTO section 11.9. Extending a logical volume" at
are strictly obsolete?
I'm talking about an etch system with an ext3 file system on llvm on raid.