Re: KDE is now broken (Fwd: Heads-up: KDE4 hitting testing tonight (UTC) )

lee wrote:
For the second time in this thread: Is there another way to start kde
than using kdm (or gdm)? Though they can be nice to have, I don't want
to have to use either of them.

Isn't startx or startkde supposed to do that? Login at the console and try that. FYI, I have kde 4.2 and kdm working, without any tampering with config files, but then I do have a mysql server installed. Yet, that can hardly be the reason for kdm to fail. Are you sure all libraries used by kdm are installed?

Sjoerd