GTK theme looks different between accounts

Hi,

I just found out that the GTK themes look different in my account than in
my wife's. Why is that?

I thought it is because of my daunting GTK related config files, So I did

 cd
 rm -rf .gconf .gconfd .gnome/ .gnome2/ .gnome2_private/ .gstreamer-0.10/

To clean them up. But still, every single themes in gtk2-engines looks
somewhat different in my account than my wife's:  Clearlooks, Industrial,
Thinice, etc. The themes look nicer under her account.

What could be the reason?

PS.

- Both of us use startx to start X.
- I use The Widget Factory to view themes.
- Her desktop is gnome.
- The themes look the same under my account, whether I am using fluxbox
or gnome.
- I use a local GTK theme by default, which she doesn't have.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/