Re: I am dying here!

2009/5/22 Ronnie <ronnie.mcmaster@gmail.com>
Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

2009/5/21 Ronnie McMaster <ronnie.mcmaster@gmail.com <mailto:ronnie.mcmaster@gmail.com>>

   Thanx, I will give it a try as soon as I boot back into it.

don't forget to run it as root with gksu
$ gksu nvidia-settings

   On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis
   <umarzuki@gmail.com <mailto:umarzuki@gmail.com>> wrote:

       2009/5/21 Ronnie McMaster <ronnie.mcmaster@gmail.com
       <mailto:ronnie.mcmaster@gmail.com>>

           I just loaded Debian on my PC and everything seems fine
           other than not being able to set the resolution other than
           800X600. I am used to having it at 1240X940 (or something
           close to that) but I only get the options for 800x600 and
           640X480. I have a Lenovo System with NVIDIA cards. My
           other smaller problem is that my Evolution Mail will not
           let me do a set up, it wants to be backed up from a
           location. Please give me some help with these problems. I
           previously had Ubuntu on here and it would let me use the
           NVIDIA drivers.

       with nvidia-settings, you can resize it
       # aptitude install nvidia-settings

       --        Regards,

       Umarzuki Mochlis
       http://gameornot.net

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net
I am still having problems trying to load nvidia, please help me.

ronnie@Ronnie:~$ gksu aptitude install nvidia-settings
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information     Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done W: Could not lock the cache file; this usually means that dpkg or another apt tool is already installing packages.  Opening in read-only mode; any changes you make to the states of packages will NOT be preserved!
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

try killing apt

# pgrep apt | xargs kill -9

--
Regards,