Re: I am dying here!

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:03:19AM -0400, Ronnie McMaster wrote:
> I just loaded Debian on my PC and everything seems fine other than not being
> able to set the resolution other than 800X600. I am used to having it at
> 1240X940 (or something close to that) but I only get the options for 800x600
> and 640X480. I have a Lenovo System with NVIDIA cards.

When I had this problem it was because my monitor was not being auto
detected, so X wasn't able to match resolutions to the monitors
capabilities.  It falls back on 800x600 and 640x480 as they are unlikely to
overtax the monitor.

What are the contents of your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file?  I'm guessing there
isn't much in there in which case you might have to explicitly list the
HorizSync and VertRefresh of you monitor.

gc

> My other smaller
> problem is that my Evolution Mail will not let me do a set up, it wants to
> be backed up from a location. Please give me some help with these problems.
> I previously had Ubuntu on here and it would let me use the NVIDIA drivers.

can't help here.