Re: why must emacs depend on sound packages?

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 05:43:24AM EDT, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 06:11:05PM -0400, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Sure.. I use vim rather than vi but the "command-mode" default key
> > mapping, for instance, is pretty awful.
>
> CTRL-[ is easier.

I could have sworn I had typed "command-line mode" since I checked the
vim help for the proper wording :-(

I mean the mode that is accessed by typing ":" and where you can enter
"ex" commands.

In that mode, the history of previously typed commands is mapped to the
the up/down arrow keys by default.