Re: How to remove permanently mouse driver

Roger Leigh wrote:
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:37:16AM +0200, User Debian wrote:
I would like to delete on the permanent basis the mouse driver from Debian. Any help will be more than welcome ! :)

echo 'blacklist psmouse' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-local

for a PS/2 mouse.  This will prevent loading of the mouse driver on
startup.   For other mice e.g. USB, you'll need to do the same for the
appropriate modules e.g usbmouse, usbhid.
Thanks for your reply, it worked fine. However I still have the mouse arrow cursor on the screen.

In fact in my setup, I have a touchscreen where I would like to make the mouse cursor disappear. I thought that in disabling the PS2 mouse it would have gone anyway, but did not. Any further help is welcome !

Eric