Re: I can not set up postfix to send email through SSL-connection

On Jo,14.mai.09, 13:54:14, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, James and, especially, Andrei:
>
> > I assume you want to send mail via smarthost. Please provide
> > /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> It is big - is it ok if post it whole here? Or, may I will use grep for
> some exact info?

I'll post snippets out of my config and you can compare:

,----[ /etc/postfix/main.cf ]

`----

,----[ /etc/postfix/sasl/sasl_passwd ]
| [smtp.gmail.com]:587 andreimpopescu@gmail.com:MySecretPassword
`----

You also need to run 'postmap' (as root) on this file.

> Also, I think that my problem is w/ firewall... At least I would check

Are you blocking *outgoing* traffic? (not that it's impossible, but not
the most common case)

> > dpkg -l postfix
> 2.5.5-1.1

Same as mine

> > dpkg -l libsasl*
> un  libsasl2                     <none>                       (no
> description available) ii  libsasl2-2
> 2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction
> library un  libsasl2-gssapi-mit          <none>
> (no description available) un  libsasl2-krb4-mit
> <none>                       (no description available) ii
> libsasl2-modules             2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL -
> pluggable authentication modules un  libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heim
> <none>                       (no description available) un
> libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit  <none>                       (no
> description available) un  libsasl2-modules-ldap
> <none>                       (no description available) un
> libsasl2-modules-otp         <none>                       (no
> description available) ii  libsasl2-modules-sql
> 2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL - pluggable authentication
> modules (SQL)

If I read this right you have libsasl2-2 and libsasl2-modules installed
(status ii), which is ok.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)