Re: I can not set up postfix to send email through SSL-connection

Thank You for Your time and answer, James and, especially, Andrei:

> I assume you want to send mail via smarthost. Please provide
> /etc/postfix/main.cf

It is big - is it ok if post it whole here? Or, may I will use grep for
some exact info?

Also, I think that my problem is w/ firewall... At least I would check
it first - may we will escape then some work in vain. Could You please
tell me the ports I have to open in order to send through SMTP SSL?

For now I have tried this:

1    60 ACCEPT     tcp  --  eth0   *       0.0.0.0/0
0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:465

0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  eth0
*       0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:10025

W/ no success. From the above I see a connection trial, but I see no
any relating stuff in the /var/log/mail.log though.

Now, how I did it w/ my email client: I use ClawsMail 3.5.0 and there I
have set user account and passwords for both - POP and SMTP then in SSL
tab I've set 'Use SSL for' both protocols.

My problem is also that the mail client does not specigy what the
problem is except saying something like, Connection problem - and
that's all.

> dpkg -l postfix
2.5.5-1.1

> dpkg -l libsasl*
un  libsasl2                     <none>                       (no
description available) ii  libsasl2-2
2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL - authentication abstraction
library un  libsasl2-gssapi-mit          <none>
(no description available) un  libsasl2-krb4-mit
<none>                       (no description available) ii
libsasl2-modules             2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL -
pluggable authentication modules un  libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heim
<none>                       (no description available) un
libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit  <none>                       (no
description available) un  libsasl2-modules-ldap
<none>                       (no description available) un
libsasl2-modules-otp         <none>                       (no
description available) ii  libsasl2-modules-sql
2.1.22.dfsg1-23+b1           Cyrus SASL - pluggable authentication
modules (SQL)

Thank You for Your time, again.