Re: Unexplained changes in Gnome functionality

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 16:21 +0200, Klistvud wrote:

> As opposed to KDE, Conky is a full-blown PITA to configure in Gnome.

Funny, I just installed conky and it works fine (using GNOME/Metacity on
Debian Lenny).  I haven't rebooted or logged out of GNOME since I did
it, so maybe the problems you describe will surface when I try that.

The default .conkyrc was setup like so (and I'm pretty sure I didn't
change any of these, except to comment out the "own_window_colour"
property):

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window yes

# If own_window is yes, you may use type normal, desktop or override
own_window_type normal

# Use pseudo transparency with own_window?
own_window_transparent yes

# If own_window_transparent is set to no, you can set the background
colour here
#own_window_colour hotpink

# If own_window is yes, these window manager hints may be used
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

The window appears transparent, with no title bar or window decorations.

--
Michael M.