Re: vmware 1.0.8 (or .9) with 2.6.29

Hi,
my experience is similar to your.
I've strongly  used vmware-server (1.08) installed in my job laptop.
After last kernel update, there was no way to recompile vmware network  modules.
I've tried any-any-update patch, tried any known fix but without success.
The only vmware-server release that i'm able to run with this kernel
is the 2 (with the "fix" reported by Hugo).

> I know this is rather OT, but do you know how compatible 1.0.8 is to
> vmware server 2 ?

All your virtual machines created in release 1.08 are compatible with release 2.
Anyway vmware-server 2 is quite different from previous release (first
of all in the disk space required...).

I'm seriously thinking to switch to virtualbox ose...

Regards