Re: vmware 1.0.8 (or .9) with 2.6.29

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 10:18:17AM -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>> Alex Samad wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Has any one been able to compile the kernel module for this kernel ?
>>>

>> I have.
>> As usual you need "a fix":
>> http://www.saarlinux.de/blog/?p=5
>>
>> which is contained in here:
>> http://communities.vmware.com//thread/188410?tstart=0
>>
>> replace the tars in vmware-server-distrib/lib/modules/source by the
>> ones on the first link above.
>>

> But that is for vmserver 2.0 - sorry.

I know this is rather OT, but do you know how compatible 1.0.8 is to
vmware server 2 ?

--
"Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to report that. This isn't a contest of who's the most generous. I'm just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very generous."

	- George W. Bush
07/16/2003
Washington, DC