Re: [OT] Re: debian and ubuntu - answer from user not pretending to be guru

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:09:22PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 20090506023930.GB12613@samad.com.au>, Alex Samad wrote:
> >how can you create files in $HOME that the owner of $HOME can't delete
> >?
>
> bss@monster:~$ sudo mkdir data
> [sudo] password for bss:
> bss@monster:~$ sudo touch data/file
> bss@monster:~$ rm -rf data
> rm: cannot remove `data/file': Permission denied
> bss@monster:~$ ls -ld data
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 72 2009-05-05 23:07 data
> bss@monster:~$ rmdir data
> rmdir: failed to remove `data': Directory not empty

yes, had a brain fart, forgot you have to do a depth first deletion

--
"Let me just first tell you that I�ve never been more convinced that the decisions I made are the right decisions."

	- George W. Bush
09/12/2006
Washington, DC
said to journalists in the Oval Office (as reported by the National Review)