Re: Graphics 1920x1440, monitor 1680x1050, nv 1280x1024.

On Tue, 5 May 2009 10:54:35 +0100
Nuno Magalhães <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:

> Fiddling with the monitor menu i came across this:
>
> DIV
> 1280x1024
> 64KHz 60Hz

That is the current mode it is using. I don't know how to convert it into a modeline

> ...that'll be useful for a modeline i guess - how can i make one?
> It does have a menu for Full/4:3, i changed to 4:3., which stole
> screen-area, i now have two black stripes. Even if restarting X will
> give me the full res i don't think it's work it, but at least i'll be
> getting somewhere.

It should be on full. I thought that it may be the other way around.

> Also, my BIOS has nothing related to the video settings, at least not
> related to the resolution.
>
> Are there any programs (for amd64) to read the EDID?

At least with the nvidia driver, the nvidia-settings program can save the edid