Re: Graphics 1920x1440, monitor 1680x1050, nv 1280x1024.

Fiddling with the monitor menu i came across this:

64KHz 60Hz

...that'll be useful for a modeline i guess - how can i make one?
It does have a menu for Full/4:3, i changed to 4:3., which stole
screen-area, i now have two black stripes. Even if restarting X will
give me the full res i don't think it's work it, but at least i'll be
getting somewhere.

Also, my BIOS has nothing related to the video settings, at least not
related to the resolution.

Are there any programs (for amd64) to read the EDID?

Looking at the log[0], i saw this:

(II) NV(0): Probing for EDID on I2C bus A...
(II) NV(0): I2C device "DDC:E-EDID segment register" registered at address 0x60.
(II) NV(0): I2C device "DDC:ddc2" registered at address 0xA0.
(II) NV(0):   ... none found
(II) NV(0): Probing for EDID on I2C bus B...
(II) NV(0):   ... none found
(--) NV(0): CRTC 0 is currently programmed for DFP
(II) NV(0): Using DFP on CRTC 0
(--) NV(0): Panel size is 1280 x 1024
(II) NV(0): NOTE: This driver cannot reconfigure the BIOS-programmed size.
(II) NV(0): These dimensions will be used as the panel size for mode validation.

Does the monitor have some BIOS of its own? The panel size is
obviously wrong, but it seems as though nv won't be able to change

If 1280x1024 is all nv can do, i'll keep using it (in full mode, not
4:3) and i guess that wraps it up as far as having nv to fallback to.
Which list can i pester about this? I tried X's but couldn't even

Nuno Magalhães

[0] http://pastebin.com/m680093f9

/\  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto