Re: Great experience with debootstrap

On 4 May 2009, at 22:12, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

Harry Rickards:

I just thought I'd tell everyone about the great experience I've had
recently with debootstrap.

Congratulations! I used deboostrap once to install Debian on a remote
machine via SSH using only the swap partition as the initial root
filesystem. Installing Debian has become too easy, you have to *look*
for thrills nowadays. :)

The one thing I have noticed is that no matter what theme I change
openbox to, the background of a window (the bit that is blank, or is a
menu) always stays an ugly shade of grey. Is there a way to somehow
change this to the nicer colour used in Ubuntu (and I think also a GNOME
or XFCE install of Debian)? I know in Ubuntu this was provided by the
ubuntu-artwork package. Thanks.

You are probably looking for something like xsetroot. I have no idea how
openbox handles background images.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it later (I don't currenly have access to my PC) but from the man page it looks as though it changes the root window, and Wikipedia seems to suggest that the root window is the Desktop.

Sorry for not making it clearer, but I want to change the colour of the background of a program (a parent window I think). For example in Firefox (or Iceweasel) I want to change the colour of the grey surrounding the menubar and buttons, below the titlebar. I'll attatch a screenshot later (does the list support them)?

Thanks for all your help
Harry Rickards