Re: why must emacs depend on sound packages?

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
> GNU is an OS,  Linux is a kernel.
>
> Unfortunately popular usage has led to Linux incorrectly meaning GNU/Linux
> and even more.

How much GNU software is required before it has to have the GNU moniker?

If my machine uses the Linux kernel is mostly busybox instead of
coreutils/textutils/shutils do I have to keep using GNU/Linux?

If I use a BSD kernel with mostly GNU software, do I have to call it
GNU/BSD?  (Something I'd find very amusing, by the way.)

mrc