Re: xorg (fglrx, radeon, radeonhd, vesa) not working after upgrade

In <[🔎] 49FAD646.40205@googlemail.com>, thveillon.debian wrote:
>I don't know if I am the only one, but the attachment you sent in the
>first message has been messed up, to the point that it's impossible to
>understand anything:
>
>begin 644 xorg.conf
>M"B,@>&]R9RYC;VYF("A8;W)G(%@@5VEN9&]W(%-Y<W1E;2!S97)V97(@8V]N
>[...]
>
>Maybe it's just my mail client ?

That's a uuencoded attachment.  Uuencode is an older method of handling
attachments, more common in newsgroups rather than mailing lists.  MIME
attachments are the standard, and most common attachment method in use today.
Even newsgroups are mostly MIME now.

uuencode and uudecode from the sharutils package can be used to create and
read uuencoded attachments.