Re: can't install xfdesktop from unstable

In <[🔎] 20090428131409.036db53e@teksavvy.com>, JoeHill wrote:
>node1:/home/joehill# aptitude -t unstable install xfdesktop4
>Reading package lists... Done
>Building dependency tree
>Reading state information... Done
>Reading extended state information
>Initializing package states... Done
>Reading task descriptions... Done
>The following packages are BROKEN:
>  xfdesktop4
>The following NEW packages will be installed:
>  libxfce4menu-0.1-0{a}
>0 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 433 not upgraded.
>Need to get 0B/203kB of archives. After unpacking 1090kB will be used.
>The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>  xfdesktop4: Depends: xfdesktop4-data (= 4.6.0-2) but it is not
> installable The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>Keep the following packages at their current version:
>xfdesktop4 [Not Installed]
>
>I think what is likely happening is that a new enough xfdesktop simply has
> not been uploaded to unstable, but I am not sure how to check that :-\

apt-cache policy <package_name>
is what I use to check available versions.

I'm seeing xfdesktop4-data=4.6.1-1 in unstable and xfdesktop4-data=4.4.2-7
in testing.  I'm also now showing xfdesktop4=4.6.1-1 in unstable and it
might be installable--it versioned Depend on xfdesktop4-data is certainly
satisfiable.

Try again?