Re: debiantutorials.org seeks input and new blood

>> I don't know about their more recent consumer-grade offering but you may
>> want to take a look at Windows '98. When I got the laptop, it came with
>> a 20-page or so manual. But then considering the "capabilities" of the
>> OS that was probably overkill anyway.
>
> That wrongly assumes anything Windows is a modern OS, when in reality
> it's just a rehash of the worst ideas CP/M and VMS had to offer.

Because MS-bashing on a Debian-centric list does wonder for promoting
the usage of FOSS software, right?

Maybe you forgot how great of an OS Win98 was at the time. That was a
different world than today, and even now seeing how responsive Win98
is on old hardware (it flies on 64 MiB RAM) it makes me wonder why
Debian is sometimes sluggish on 512 MiB machines with >1 GHz
procesors.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com