Re: cpufreq_conservative on Lenny AMD64?

Hi,

> I've been through /etc/default fixing stuff there.  I've fought with
> /etc/cpufreqd.conf, to no result.  "Restarting CPU Frequency daemon:
> cpufreqd failed!"  Ideas?  I would expect this machine to be new
> enough to handle cpufreq's latest abilities.

you don't really need cpufreqd (unless you want fancy rules), kernel has CPU power-saving features built-in.

try this:

sudo aptitude install cpufrequtils
sudo cpufreq-set --min=500MHz
sudo cpufreq-set -g powersave

then check results with

cpufreq-info

and probably post to the list for further help.

Bogdan

Бренд пакет от www.hostpro.ua
Com.ua + co.ua + biz.ua = $11.00