Re: how can i turn /dev/null into an MTA?

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:15:42 -0400
Michael Pobega <pobega@fuzzydev.org> wrote:

> I actually have a question about this; I've always used reportbug with
> the -M flag, which relays the mail through Mutt. What is the *proper*
> way to set up exim4 so that reportbug will work without any errors?
> (Currently I'm not using exim4 for anything but local mail relaying,
> as I don't like putting my personal mail's user/pass in /etc)

Try dpkg-reconfigure reportbug or reportbug -config

I know one of those was recently updated set things up so that if you
didn't have an working MTA on the system, or you couldn't just use your
ISP's MTA that you could use a debian machine as as the SMTP relay (but
only to report a bug and it's on a port other than port 25; check the
changelog in /usr/share/doc/reportbug.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore