Re: how can i turn /dev/null into an MTA?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 11:28:26AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:59:52AM +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> > MTAs, afaik, are useful for multiuser systems and/or systems that
> > actually handle mail. (Most (i should say 'most' otherwise some
> > nitpick will say "But i do!")) single-user desktops do not. And if the
> > MTA is used by internal programs, well, maybe those programs should
> > not rely on a MailTA? Syslog maybe? Another option?
>
> Here's something you should test: how simple is it for you to use
> reportbug to report bugs?

I actually have a question about this; I've always used reportbug with
the -M flag, which relays the mail through Mutt. What is the *proper*
way to set up exim4 so that reportbug will work without any errors?
(Currently I'm not using exim4 for anything but local mail relaying, as
I don't like putting my personal mail's user/pass in /etc)

--
		  http://fuzzydev.org/~pobega
		    http://identi.ca/pobega