Re: how can i turn /dev/null into an MTA?

Hi,

It seems as though most people on the list are incapable of answering
a simple technical question if it messes with their belief system.
Instead, they go on questioning the OPs motivations. It's rather
annoying.

I've asked the same question a while ago. I have a simple one-user
desktop, i do not need an MTA. I know those programs don't need much
memory (i have 4GB), i know they're sleeping most of the time, i know
they'll only wake up if there's something to do. But i don't want an
MTA. It's that simple. All the mail i use is web-based and if i want
to access it other than through https i'll use some mail client.

MTAs, afaik, are useful for multiuser systems and/or systems that
actually handle mail. (Most (i should say 'most' otherwise some
nitpick will say "But i do!")) single-user desktops do not. And if the
MTA is used by internal programs, well, maybe those programs should
not rely on a MailTA? Syslog maybe? Another option?

>From the answers of those who can answer a technical question (also
providing their own opinion, or not) i got to configure exim so that
my system would start faster. I still have exim.

Googling around i came across this: http://www.mike01.com/
I haven't tried it yet and it doesn't seem to be in the repos.

HTH,
Nuno Magalhães