Re: Time keeps on slippin, slippin... (serious clock drift; suggestions??)

Paul E Condon writes:
> Look into the package chrony.

I agree that he should install Chrony (everyone should :)) but I think he
has more wrong than just an outlier crystal.  Four minutes per hour is
66,667 parts per million.  You can do better than that with an rc
oscillator.

ponga wrote:
>Ithink the hwclock is not much better as far as accuracy goes, but have
>not analyzed it as close as the system clock.

Check the hardware (BIOS) clock.  I think you'll find that it is keeping
reasonable time.  If it isn't return the board.
--
John Hasler