Time keeps on slippin, slippin... (serious clock drift; suggestions??)

Greetings Debian Masters!

I've just assembled two linux systems, both with identical (brand new)
Gigabyte mobo's, though my Debian Lenny is running a slightly slower
AMD dual core proc than the other Ubuntu Intrepid system.

My problem is some SERIOUS system clock drift on the Lenny system.
Around 4 minutes (slow) every hour. I have no idea how to correct
this. I think the hwclock is not much better as far as accuracy goes,
but have not analyzed it as close as the system clock. All I know is,
ntpdate corrects the time, but an hour latter... I'm missing 4
minutes!

Any help would be appreciated!! (Btw, I've installed adjtimex, but to
no avail... perhaps I don't know what I'm doing, though...)

TIA,
-ponga