Re: Problems Upgrading librdf0

On 2009-04-13 00:36 +0200, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

> I'm running a mixed system, and currently have librdf0_1.0.8-1 installed.
> librdf0_1.0.8-2 recently migrated to testing and I keep running into bug
> 522103 during the upgrade.
>
> Specifically, librdf0 wants a new version of libsqlite3-0, but it apparently
> has a ABI (and based on my read, API) change that is not reflected in the
> package name and SONAME.  I'm concerned about this, since I have a number of
> packages (18) that depend on libsqlite3-0 and might break because of that.
>
> I'm not sure if there is anything I can add to the bug, but I'd like to know
> how it is going to be addressed and, if there is an ETA, when.  I'd also
> like to increase the visibility of the bug, hence this message.

You can ping the bug and maybe the release team anyway.  My hunch is
that it is not going to be fixed soon, since the breakage known so far
is limited and there are a plethora of transitions even without adding
another one for sqlite.  You may speed this up if you can prove that
Lenny packages break with the libsqlite3-0 from Squeeze.

The maintainer is probably not going to be of much help in any case,
since he had shown some signs of utter incompetence in the past¹, and
I'm not sure how much he has learned from the reactions to the problems
he introduced.

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=478337