Problems Upgrading librdf0

I'm running a mixed system, and currently have librdf0_1.0.8-1 installed.
librdf0_1.0.8-2 recently migrated to testing and I keep running into bug
522103 during the upgrade.

Specifically, librdf0 wants a new version of libsqlite3-0, but it apparently
has a ABI (and based on my read, API) change that is not reflected in the
package name and SONAME.  I'm concerned about this, since I have a number of
packages (18) that depend on libsqlite3-0 and might break because of that.

I'm not sure if there is anything I can add to the bug, but I'd like to know
how it is going to be addressed and, if there is an ETA, when.  I'd also
like to increase the visibility of the bug, hence this message.

Based on the Changelog, the upgrade from 1.0.8-1 to 1.0.8-2 only fixed a
single bug that doesn't affect me, so my existing work-around (don't upgrade
librdf0) should work as long as I need it to.

This will still cause me a little annoyance, since I run "aptitude search
'~U'" from a daily cronjob, and this package will remain on the list.
Pinning the package should alleviate that, I hope.  Any other potential
work-arounds?