Re: [solved] How to set/change option for a specific input device with new Xorg+HAL

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 00:02, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat,11.Apr.09, 12:45:34, Kelly Clowers wrote:

<snip>

>> I have personally not gotten the fdi file to have any effect, so I
>> use setxkbmap in my xinitrc. However, I have seen plenty of
>> blog posts where people got it working with no trouble.
>
> For the keymap you don't need an .fdi file, see
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/NEWS.Debian.gz. Just install console-setup
> and 'dpkg-reconfigure console-setup' (or edit /etc/default/console-setup
> if you prefer the manual way).

Well, I have had console-setup working for some time , and it is fine
for the console. But it does not affect X at all. X still tries to use a 105
US keymap, whereas I need the JP 106 with the OADG109A variant .

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers