How to set/change option for a specific input device with new Xorg+HAL

Hello,

According to /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/NEWS.Debian.gz (and the links
mentioned there) the input devices are now configured through HAL. And
indeed, after a 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' my xorg.conf is (almost)
empty, but the relevant setting I want to change is marked as "from
config file".

$ grep 'TrackPoint.*Emulate' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(**) TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200

Any ideea how/where to set 'EmulateWheelButton' to '2'? Apparently this
can be done through some .fdi file(s), but I can't find any docs as to
where the file should be or how it should look like.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)