Re: Making ATI and Broadcom work on a Lenny laptop

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:03, Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:
> Howdie!
>
> Anyone tried to make an ATI 1200 and a BCM4328 work on a Lenny laptop? I am
> trying to finalize my Lenny installation on a HP Compaq 6715b and have a few
> questions:
> Should I just leave the graphics as it is, or is it advisable to install the
> proprietary ATI Catalyst drivers (and WHICH ones and HOW)?

An x1200 should just work, with 3d acceleration, with the "radeon" driver.

> Is the Broadcom hybrid driver still the best option for making the BCM4328
> wireless chip work? Is the patch needed? How do you go about compiling,
> installing the driver, and making the driver permanent (i.e. load at every
> boot)? In short, what is your experience, what would be my best bet for the
> above graphics chip and wireless chip in Debian Lenny?

It looks like b43 does not support the 4328, so ndiswrapper is probably
the best bet. This might be a place to start:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx/Feisty_No-Fluff