Making ATI and Broadcom work on a Lenny laptop

Howdie!

Anyone tried to make an ATI 1200 and a BCM4328 work on a Lenny laptop? I am
trying to finalize my Lenny installation on a HP Compaq 6715b and have a few
questions:
Should I just leave the graphics as it is, or is it advisable to install the
proprietary ATI Catalyst drivers (and WHICH ones and HOW)?
Is the Broadcom hybrid driver still the best option for making the BCM4328
wireless chip work? Is the patch needed? How do you go about compiling,
installing the driver, and making the driver permanent (i.e. load at every
boot)? In short, what is your experience, what would be my best bet for the
above graphics chip and wireless chip in Debian Lenny?