Re: keyboard layout in xserver-xorg (1:7.4+1)

On 11 Apr 2009, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 11:30:22AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I had a similar problem following the upgrade - us keyboard instead of
> > gb. That has now gone away after a reboot. But I can no longer quit X
> > with Ctrl-Alt-Del and there are other issues with xmodmap as well.
>
> Should've been Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and that's been something changed
> upstream. Should be restorable with something like:
> Section "ServerFlags"
> 	Option "DontZap" "false"
> EndSection
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/430
>
> With the xmodmap stuff I'm still fighting (and the now borked intel driver
> acceleration). Currently my old configuration is braking my left cursor key.

Yes, I meant ctrl-alt-backspace. That is livable with; the worst feature
is the jerky TV in fullscreen, which I mentioned earlier in a previous
thread.

As regards xmodmap, I simply stopped using my .modmap file. The arrow
keys then work as expected. The main thing I need is to disable Caps
Lock, and I put a command to do that in .xinitrc.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)