keyboard layout in xserver-xorg (1:7.4+1)

I upgraded xserver-xorg today to sids 1:7.4+1 and my keyboard layout is
"en" instead of "de".

/usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/NEWS.Debian.gz sais

  The default keyboard layout is shared with the console and is
  configured in /etc/default/console-setup.

However, my /etc/default/console-setup correctly sais

  XKBLAYOUT="de"

And this is what is used on ttys outside X11.

Yet, in X11 (which I start via startx) it is not "de".

Could someone please point me in the direction I need to look into?

Thanks

PS: Please keep me in Cc:, I am not subscribed.

--
ilf						ilf@jabber.berlin.ccc.de

Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!
		-- Eine Initiative des Bundesamtes für Tastaturbenutzung