Re: keyboard layout in xserver-xorg (1:7.4+1)

On 11 Apr 2009, ilf wrote:
> I upgraded xserver-xorg today to sids 1:7.4+1 and my keyboard layout is
> "en" instead of "de".
>
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/NEWS.Debian.gz sais
>
>   The default keyboard layout is shared with the console and is
>   configured in /etc/default/console-setup.
>
> However, my /etc/default/console-setup correctly sais
>
>   XKBLAYOUT="de"
>
> And this is what is used on ttys outside X11.
>
> Yet, in X11 (which I start via startx) it is not "de".
>
> Could someone please point me in the direction I need to look into?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: Please keep me in Cc:, I am not subscribed.
>
> --

I had a similar problem following the upgrade - us keyboard instead of
gb. That has now gone away after a reboot. But I can no longer quit X
with Ctrl-Alt-Del and there are other issues with xmodmap as well.

This is in addition to a jerky display on fullscreen TV, which I
ascribed, perhaps wrongly, to radeon.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk