Re: Advice on raid/lvm

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@traversetechnologies.com> wrote:

> I'm currently in my third day of rebuilding a machine that had /boot and /
> on an LVM volume on raided disks.  After one drive died, I ended up in a
> weird mode where LVM was mounting one of the component drives, rather than
> the raid volume - with the long result being that I'm reinstalling the o/s
> from scratch and hoping that my backups are good enough that I haven't lost
> any user data.

I had a similar experience a while back (an MD RAID1 set degraded and
LVM just accepted one of the two mirrored drives as a PV), though I
didn't need to reinstall and didn't lose any data.  Still, this is
certainly an area that could have worked better.

James.