Re: Lenny. How to join multiply Postscript files into one document?

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Sarunas Burdulis
<sarunas@math.dartmouth.edu> wrote:
> *.ps files are source code of an interpreted language Postscript.
> Usually they contain quite a bit of definitions, fonts etc. before pages
> themselves are described. In general PS files can't be just concatenated
> and still expected to make sense for the interpreter. The way to join PS
> files should incorporate a Postscript interpreter. Ghostscript perhaps?.

Yes, thanks for tip but if you look at my message, which is started
the tread, you may see:

MG>"Since googled first, I've tried:
$ gs -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pswrite -sOutputFile=program.ps
part1.ps part2.ps part3.ps

But resulted document is x10 in size and looks like a rasterized one.
There are serious paper format mismatches also. Do not fit my needs,
anyway."

'gs' is a Ghostscript interpreter.

Actually, I am really surprised with that situation. I know, PS is a
language. And as I have expected from a "language", it have to be
fully structured and formalized, because it supposed to be 'rendered'
or 'interpreted'. Technically, I do not understand what the problem is
to append the text pages to each other. Few hours ago I was pretty
sure that task may be resolved with a single google ride.

:(

--
С Уважением,
Марк Гольдштейн