Re: Output command results in English (was Re: Brother HL2040 printer/lpr stopped working after update)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Output command results in English (was Re: Brother HL2040 printer/lpr stopped working after update)
- From: beatrice <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 11:00:45 +0200
- Message-id: <20090407090045.GA5399@aebea.it.invalid>
- Mail-followup-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20090407074200.GB3543@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <20090401084850.GB3103@aebea.it.invalid> <20090407074200.GB3543@localhost.localdomain>
On Tuesday 07 April 2009, at 19:42 +1200, You wrote:
> > [AGGIORNATO] liborbit2 1:2.14.16-0.1 -> 1:2.14.17-0.1
> > [AGGIORNATO] lxdvdrip 1.74-0.0 -> 1.74-0.1
> > ===============================================================================
> To get your output in English, put LANG=C before the command:
> $ LANG=C aptitude ...
Thanks, I didn't know that and it will surely turn useful in the future.
Unluckily, though, that was not the output of a command but a copy/paste
of the log file, so it wouldn't have worked in this case.
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
T.S. Eliot "Little Gidding/Four Quartets" (1942)