Re: Dell Precision Workstation T7400 - 32bit

Cassiel wrote:
Hi you all,

has anyone of you managed to install debian on a Dell Precision Workstation T7400? It comes with the f***ing vista pre-installed and (obviously) I want to install debian... but the bios doesn't allow me to change the boot device order.

What happens when you try?
Dell's boot menu is trigged by pressing F12 on POST, so give that a go. I've not used that machine in particular, but I can't recall seeing a Dell that doesn't let you boot from CD.

Also, in general, if it's not appropriate to write a swear word with all its letters, it is generally also not appropriate to just substitute three of them with asterisks.

--
Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk