Output command results in English (was Re: Brother HL2040 printer/lpr stopped working after update)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Output command results in English (was Re: Brother HL2040 printer/lpr stopped working after update)
- From: Chris Bannister <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:42:00 +1200
- Message-id: <20090407074200.GB3543@localhost.localdomain>
- In-reply-to: <20090401084850.GB3103@aebea.it.invalid>
- References: <20090401084850.GB3103@aebea.it.invalid>
On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 10:48:51AM +0200, beatrice wrote:
> Please keep in mind that English is not my first language and if I
> forgot any relevant information, I'd be happy to provide it.
> =======from my aptitude logs.
> NOTE: my logs are localized in Italian. AGGIORNATO means UPDATED (or
> possibly UPGRADED, I'm not sure what the original used term is),
> INSTALLATO is INSTALLED, RIMOSSO is REMOVED.
> Aptitude 0.4.11.11: registro
> gio, mar 19 2009 15:41:07 +0100
> [AGGIORNATO] ghostscript 8.63.dfsg.1-2 -> 8.64~dfsg-1
> [AGGIORNATO] ghostscript-x 8.63.dfsg.1-2 -> 8.64~dfsg-1
> [AGGIORNATO] gs-common 8.63.dfsg.1-2 -> 8.64~dfsg-1
> [AGGIORNATO] libgs8 8.63.dfsg.1-2 -> 8.64~dfsg-1
> [AGGIORNATO] libmpfr1ldbl 2.4.0-5 -> 2.4.1-1
> [AGGIORNATO] liborbit2 1:2.14.16-0.1 -> 1:2.14.17-0.1
> [AGGIORNATO] lxdvdrip 1.74-0.0 -> 1.74-0.1
To get your output in English, put LANG=C before the command:
$ LANG=C aptitude ...
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
-- Stephen F Roberts