acroread, ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.

Hello,

Since last few days at least, I am getting this error when I try to
start acroread:

$> acroread
ERROR: Cannot find installation directory.

This is on Debian Testing, fully updated, and acroread 8.1.3-0.0. I have
taken a look at the other current thread on acroread, I am sure if this
is the same problem or even related.

I have tried removing .acroread, that made no difference.

Anybody know what is going on?

Thanks.

ever having been read.